Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 50

Thread: I'm having a party!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay this Friday I'm throwing a party at my house and I'm thinking about showing "Spirited Away" to a bunch of kids who have never really seen anime before.
    What do you think?
    Some of them have seen Princess Mononoke before, but other than that they are pretty new to anime.
    I'm afraid that they'll be weirded out by it...
    Maybe I'm just worrying too much...
    What do you guys think?
    Should I pick a more mainstream(Is there one?) movie to show?
    Man, I hate doing this kind of stuff...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    pick something action packed with amazing animation, spirited away has great animation =P i dont know if they would be weirded out by it... stray from things on TV lol

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Party? Why do you need to show anything on TV at a party? Show pr0n. (Real pr0n, not cartoon pr0n.)

    Unless it is indeed an anime party...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The idea is that I get other people infected with anime too...

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That's the Jap's master plan for WWII! Once their economy is the best in the world due to computers, video games, anime and Hondas they'll conquer it and treat the Allies from WWII harshly! Just kidding.

    As for anime movies, I can't think of any other than the Cowboy Bebop movie. Sorry.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kles's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Princess Mononoke was the shit, I've only seen half, but still, I want to see the rest and spirited away.

    Good stuff.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Cavalier's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,932
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hey you only saw half!!? 0_o d00d watch the rest or ill pwn j00 =P

  8. #8
    Inactive Member justwildbeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    745
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If they've seen Princess Mononoke AND they liked it, then I'm sure Spirited Away will be fine for this. But if you give em a choices to vote on then that will work as well, it shows them that there's a variety ^_^

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT CBA: Yeah, I agree with Beat-chan. You might also try anime series, showing them the first 5 chapters so they are hooked (that's what I did to a friend he he). Love Hina would be great for guys who like shonen, and most girls like it as well. Maburaho would be great though it's a bit more guy-oriented, though this doesn't mean it doesn't have its female fan base. Ranma ? is a classic, very few people wouldn't like it. Chobits worked with my parents. I wouldn't try other anime like Ai Yori Aoshi, Sakura Wars, or Saikano because it might be too weird/slow/fast for introducing people.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i'm not sure whether or not this post is too late to have any influence on your choice, but i believe that showing spirited away should be fine. the other day when Cateferal rented Spirited Away, him and i watched it. we enjoyed it, it was a very good film. afterwards Cateferal's brother had an insignificant little congregation in which he invited lots of cute little friends (of which have never had any such encounter with anime whatsoever). they watched it, and they really enjoyed it! they were slightly perplexed by some of the "wierd" aspects of it, but overall they were content.
    basically, unless you instinctively know that you friends may not particularly like any anime (perhaps due to some friends having an insatiable desire to watch constant war and kung fu films without any concern for storyline), you're friends shouldnt be too disturbed by it.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •